This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Good Start

Dec 22, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I downloaded the code today, built the library, and then the samples. At first I was worried about the missing references, but then I sorta followed the build instructions at the sister-project VST.NET and figured it out. Looks good so far.

The Midi Mapper worked without a hitch. The Midi file player would not play 'mamatold.mid' which I think came with Windows xp.

Jake

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the kind words. 

Yep, the missing files work the same as with VST.NET. They are my private files I will sign an official release with (.snk). That way it is always clear what dll was an official release or if it was build by someone else. This is important for the license: you may use the (official) binaries for free but have to share (open source) your customization on the source code.

Would you be so kind to send me that midi file (obiwanjacobi at hotmail dot com)? I can not find it on my system.

Thanx for letting me know.
Marc 

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2012 at 7:33 PM

There are 2 'strange' tracks on the end of the file. The both contain an invalid controller (60). That is why the software threw an exception.

I have changed the MidiFilePlayer sample to capture exceptions per track and report them, but just continue loading other tracks that might not be a problem.

I believe the file now plays correctly with the new code.

Hope it helps.
Marc