Building the lib

Topics: Getting Started
Apr 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Simply put, I'm attempted to start implementation of this lib in a new program. I'm not anywhere near an expert in the area of visual studio, so I'm a bit curious as to how to go about building the project and then using it as a resource. What I've attempted to do so far is to download the source code, open the sln in Visual studio, and then building it, however I get a lot of "files not found" when opening it, and general errors when trying to build.

From looking around, it seemed like some of those "not-found" files were for specific verification files, however it doesn't seem I can build without them. Is there a more easy step-by-step process I can follow?
Coordinator
Apr 11, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Edited Apr 11, 2013 at 4:48 PM
Welcome! If you have VS2010 (or higher) and the source code you should be ok.

There are some files in the projects that are not checked in into codeplex. This is by design. These files (especially the key/snk file) are for me to make releases with so they can be identified as an official release (important for the license). These (missing, with an exclamation icon) files can all be deleted from the individual projects. It should then build. If not please report any compiler errors back here so I can help you out.

Oh BTW, Dont forget to also download the _SharedAssemblies. You'll be needing these dependencies...

Hope it helps.
Apr 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Edited Apr 11, 2013 at 8:36 PM
This was the original error: http://pastie.org/pastes/7458031/text

I downloaded the entire src (samples, _sharedassemblies, and code), and the errors remain the same.

I am using Visual Studio 2010.
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2013 at 5:23 AM
You don't have support for UnitTests installed. You can remove those projects from the solution.
The AssemblyInfo.General.cs files can also be safely removed from the projects.

I have started to document the procedings here:
[url:https://midinet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Build%20Source%20Code]
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I just uploaded a binary release. You could try that so you don't have to build the source code.

Hope it helps.
Marc
Apr 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Thanks!