This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to create the form as a seqencer

Topics: Feature Request
May 16, 2014 at 5:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY2OHsOW48k

hey can I build a this kind of sequencer using your API,I would like to knw how to design a form like this.thank you.
Coordinator
May 16, 2014 at 6:22 AM
An application like that requires a lot of work and knowledge to create properly. If you are a beginner, I would suggest you start with something simpler to get some more experience.

The MIDI.NET library will help you in sending or receiving the MIDI messages to/from a MidiPort (a device hooked onto your PC) - that is about it (it can also read/write MIDI files). All the screen interaction and the sequencer (keeping track of the notes and 'playing' them) you have to write yourself.

Hope it helps,
Marc
May 16, 2014 at 6:54 AM
yes I am a beginer and i havn't any experience about that,,Is that your midi mapper work like that,,can't I use that
May 16, 2014 at 7:02 AM
Edited May 16, 2014 at 7:05 AM
May 16, 2014 at 7:05 AM
actuallly I want to design this kind of thing for my reserch,,how can I begin for this,,I dnt want to connet devices,,just open/create midi files and need to edit them,,please give me any sugestion
Coordinator
May 16, 2014 at 7:22 AM
The MidiMapper sample application translates incoming midi event to other midi events that are sent out. Hardly a sequencer...